Spirit of Home and Office....delivered!

from the
Church of the Smaller House

Monday, December 14, 2009

Rules of Engagement

Good evening readers,
It's great to be back, however daunting the task might seem. I've had my tea and ice cream and commented to Risa how reluctant I feel to pick up the lap top instead of "The Mummy" by Anne Rice.

"Yes", I said, "The vacation is over," More on that later? We'll see....

If you happen to click on "The Affordable House" link in the header, you'll note a significant gap in my posting. Someday I'll fill you in on some events and history between then and now and perhaps even back further into my life. Back to a time when my brother and I tore down the family garage and built the best treehouse in town, or better still, the infamous "Cabin", in the most remote corner of "Quaker Lane Farm". But that will have to wait, because for now I want to share some basic themes, so that over the next while you can have an understanding of where we are now and why this is when I've decided to end "the vacation."

The first theme I am thinking would be apropo is "How Shifting Paradigms Create Opportunities in Housing." Following that I anticipate sharing a bit of academia, such as "What's up with Zoning?" and "What Happens When Shit Flows Downhill," or Why Does Wastewater Management mean "You can't live here"? Stuff like that.....but first I feel like I need to establish what my playing field looks like......

The beauty of blogging is that it's personal. It can be journalistic or just meandering as thoughts come and go. As one should surmise from the welcoming phases, this one is laden with intent. I've long held and distributed energy regarding special personal spaces and feel it's somewhat obligatory to offer my perspective and experience to a broader audience. I hope I can convey my passion and share my expertise in a fun and humble way because I certainly don't pretend to know more than I do. By the same token I am confident that I am an expert. Despite the disclaimers that follow, I hope to eventually earn your trust so that we can share this media-oric wonder with a clear understanding of our roles. I write stuff and you comment.

As for the afore-promised disclaimers, my expertise is in the creation of personal spaces, not blogging. I have limited formal education, though some consider me inteligent, I'm not well schooled. I don't read much, watch no TV presently, have not travelled beyond the U.S. and don't really push the intellectual boundries. However, I am very comfortable saying whatever I think or feel, and can be quite opinionated, if not funny, obnoxious even, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if anything I put out there strikes a chord for you, one way or another, I want to hear about it. Again this is a BLOG, I write and post pictures, thoughts and feelings and you comment.....I so hope....thank you for reading...I really should get some sleep.....

Good night,
Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment