Spirit of Home and Office....delivered!

from the
Church of the Smaller House

Monday, December 14, 2009

Back in the Saddle

It's been a few years now since I hit the wall, spring of 2006 I think it was. My memory is blurred by all that's happened and I am befuddled knowing it's really nothing at all. It'll take several months of scattered jottings for anyone out there to get the jist of what I'm up to I'm sure, but alas, here I am in the present still.

I credit my closest and dearest friend Risa, with the inspiration to get back on and ride, after my self- proclaimed vacation from having an agenda. She reads me excerpts from who knows where, most recently about the awakening of our responsibility to become, and be our true selves.

Having had my fair share of pie in celebration of my birthday last week, (thanks Mom it was delicious) I'm satisfied. It won't be a bad thing to unleash my passion and share my creative bent with you all. The season is ripe. The galaxy fertile and beckoning.

Mom and Dad are nibbling on a fresh new building project, perhaps their last, a downsized cottage in the backyard, as green as possible, though I fear not as small as I would suggest. I tackled Audacity yesterday and won by recording some scratch tracks (of a brand new song) and formatting them for sharing. (Yeah, finally, a long time coming.) Kip has shown unparalleled courage and broken ground in so many areas, I'm sure I'm just beginning to see, thanks so much to him.

The thesis for this blog will be to journal my day to day experience of waking up. My dream, like countless designers before, and many contemporary to me, is to "crack the nut" on creating a system for single family houses that are personal, sustainable and affordable. I have many years, and much blood, sweat and tears in "the universal bank" and I can't just not get back to working at it. My goal is to document my experience and share it, so others may benefit and so that I may grow. Hopefully I can provide some light hearted entertainment along the way. Cheers to all of you, welcome to my blog!

2 comments:

  1. awwww, thanks, Kent, and welcome to this whacky world of words, a unique form of communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Kent! Come follow mine as well. It may interest you as an architect. I want to interview architects and librarians and find out their thoughts on the use of space and place in a library! My blog will have an update soon!

    ReplyDelete