Spirit of Home and Office....delivered!

from the
Church of the Smaller House

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Miner with a Heart of Gold



Okay, call me crazy, I'm squeezing through this portal like so many others of you out there, sometimes I don't even know what I'm doing......I got slammed with LinkedIn connections today, maybe that's a sign....I upset my employer by suggesting maybe I should be laid off...I got this insane notion that I should offer services FREE...I am so psyched (read psychotic?) about the possibilities for people to enjoy personal, sustainable and affordable houses that it's not even about the money anymore...

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, money was once a huge aspect of my deal, but I hit the wall...I said "Wait a minute" (or a year, or two or three, maybe forever), "this ain't working. I love what I'm doing but I'm all stressed out. What's up with that?"

So I gave it a breather, I let my intuition take over. I took a little break. I'm learning to listen to the universe.....It's calling me.... "you know you want to do this" she whispers...and Tim Durling keeps popping up in Facebook saying, "let the strain be gone"....."How can I just do what I want to do?" I wonder.....

I'd love to just sit back and sketch up my little designs for whoever wants them...sure just email me, tell me what you want, what you think you need, and I'll let you know. I could do this for ten clients, maybe more, maybe fewer, (my folks are first in line though, so you could just follow this blog) NO CHARGE.... approximately 20 hours each design..... if you want more time later you could pay me.... maybe a lot...(because I'll be really busy, LOL)..... maybe not so much because I've got my day job (and that almost pays the bills)... I dunno.... BUT.... you'd have to be real... you'd have to be aligned with a strong probability that you were gonna build it....it'd have to be done by MY SYSTEM.. .SoHo2go arKITecture..... if I'm gonna give it away... it'll have to be the way I do it.... you'll see, I've got some pics of my work that I'll get up, maybe even tonight.... your plans to build have to be real, (you'll need a site and a budget) and modest too, less than 1,111 square feet of foot print, that would be no more than 69 4'x4'squares. That's right, it'll be done on a 4'x4' grid.... you can choose traditional or contemporary styling, but the construction techniques will be how I do it.... tried and true (financable) but highly systematized for efficiency of material, readily available, environmentally sound, and easy to assemble. Maybe even by you and your husband... (and some friends?)That's where I come in again.... you get your materials all priced out using my online forms, get a Skype account and we'll have a video conference every construction day if you want... Piece of cake...especially after I've posted video tutorials on how to put the KITs together...WoW won't that be fun....Virtual arKITech...that's what I wanna be when I grow up....in the meantime, Want a free small house design? Just get a gmail account and follow me.....WTYL (write to you later)

No comments:

Post a Comment